5. (Necessary) It wouldn’t be easy for my wife and I to have three jobs, two kids, one car, and no public transit.
4. (Evil) Cars make the decision to fall apart, TWICE, right when it seems like finances were going to move in the right direction.
3. (Necessary) How else would we transport ourselves through the ever-expanding suburbia we call home?
2. (Evil) They often cost more to use and maintain than to purchase.
1. (Evil) They force the decision of: Do I fix the car so I can safely get to work or do I buy the groceries and fix the furnace while hoping the car fixes itself?
I guess, to me, cars a less of a necessary evil and more of an EVIL necessity…